Following the conference “New tools and approaches for nanomaterial safety assessment” in February 2017, The NanoSafety Cluster was pleased to hold the 4 days dedicated to “Building confidence in risk assessment and governance of Nanomaterial Innovation” in Copenhagen, October 2019.
The 4-day event kicked off with the caLIBRAte final conference focussing on current knowledge and future outlook on stakeholder risk perception and information needs and nanosafety data availability. caLIBRAte also presented nano-specific human and environmental risk assessment and management tools tested in the project, plus the decision support tool developed, the NanoRisk Governance Portal.
A two-day Nanosafety Cluster Scientific Conference then followed, organised and sponsored by the projects NanoCommons, NanoSolveIT and NanoInformaTIX, focussing on the increasingly important roles of data accessibility and predictive modelling in nanomaterials governance and risk assessment.
Towards in silico nanosafety assessment – integrating experimental and computational approaches included oral and poster presentations from Nanosafety Cluster projects to update the community on latest nanosafety research and set the direction for the next 4 years via the nanoinformatics and nanosafety governance projects.
NanoSafety Cluster business closed the week, including an open NSC meeting to which all were welcome to contribute, Working Group meetings to progress key community-driven activities, and a Steering Group meeting. In parallel, a training session on the caLIBRAte Nano Risk Governance Portal and underlying risk assessment, management and decision support tools was be offered.
NanoSafety Cluster Week - Agenda
- October 7: caLIBRAte Final Conference - Building Confidence on Risk Assessment and Governance of Nanomaterials - Agenda
- October 8-9: NanoSafety Cluster Conference: Towards in silico nanosafety assessment – integrating experimental and computational approaches. Agenda
- October 9: NanoSafety Cluster Steering Group Meeting - Agenda
- October 10: Introduction to and training in the Data and NanoRisk Governance tools - Agenda
- October 10: NanoSafety Cluster Open Meeting - Agenda
NSC Abstract book is HERE
Further information on the individual projects is available here: