caLIBRAte will establish a versatile next-generation nano-risk governance framework for assessment and management of human and environmental risks of manufactured nanomaterials (MN) and MN-enabled products. The framework will be founded on thoroughly tested models and stakeholder needs. The goal is that the quality and trust in the caLIBRAte nano-risk governance framework models will exceed the current level of most existing REACH tools.
The caLIBRAte framework will link different nano-specific models and methods into a system-of-systems (SoS), which companies, developers and authorities can use for risk assessment, prioritisation and management of occupational, consumer and environmental risks associated with production and use of MN or products containing MNs. The framework models will be aligned to support decisions along the research and innovation value chain, from basic research to market launch.
Download the flyer version of this invitation.
Join a user testing session
Are you involved in activities concerning R&D, production, marketing, use, risk assessment and management, inspection, insurance of nanomaterials and nano-related products? Get involved and test one of the following models:
Nanosafer CB, Control Banding nanotool, Stoffenmanager Nano, GUIDEnano, LICARA nanoscan, SimpleBox4Nano, (SB4N), Precautionary Matrix, SUNDs
- Individual remote sessions: receive guidance by a caLIBRAte expert, use the models in your daily work, and provide feedback online
- Webinar: 60-90 minutes online and interactive discussion and specific models
- Workshop: half day event, including training in risk governance and the models, and in depth testing on selected case studies
Testing sessions will be held in the period February-March 2018. Look at the scope, domains of application, key outputs of the model, and the planning of testing sessions in the online testing table and pre-register to indicate your interest in a session.
Download the technical sheet with full details about each model and register below.
Express an interest in the following models and activities and caLIBRAte will contact you to establish your own experience and needs, before getting you started within the testing. OR, if you have already tested one or more models, feedback to calIBRAte through a quick questionnaire HERE.
- Nanosafer CB and Control banding nanotool: Workshop in Denmark with online participation with date to be confirmed - express an interest
- Stoffenmanager nano and LICARA nanoscan: Webinar March 15 - Register now
- SimpleBox4Nano: Webinar March 22 - Register now
- Swiss Precautionary matrix: Webinar March 8 - Register now
- GUIDEnano: Webinar February 22 - Register now
- SUNDs: Workshop in Germany, March - express an interest